We are Open
We are delighted to welcome you back to the Norwich Flight Experience! We have invested a lot of time in ensuring that your flight experience is managed safely, meeting all of the current Government Guidelines regarding Covid. Please click on the link below for more information on our Covid security measures.
The Norwich Flight Experience is the only place in Norfolk featuring such a wide range Flight Simulators.
Airbus AS350 Helicopter, Augusta AW139 Helicopter, Beech King Air B200 Classic, Beech King Air B200 GT, Elite S812 FNPTII Professional Training Simulator and the FSTD1 Flight Simulators.
Select an airport from any of our ten destinations, the time of day and weather conditions, and pilot the plane through a take-off, landing or advanced landing.
Perfect for beginners, the experience is guided by a trained simulator instructor, and is a great way to gain insight into what it takes to fly a commercial aircraft.
Flight Simulator Sessions
Due to our current safety measures we allow two adults per session. If you have additional children under 16 in your group please let us know in the notes and we can arrange that for you.
Airbus AS350 Helicopter
The Eurocopter AS350 Écureuil (or Squirrel), now Airbus Helicopters H125, is a single-engine light utility helicopter originally designed and manufactured in France by Aérospatiale and Eurocopter (now Airbus Helicopters). In North America, the AS350 is marketed as the AStar. The AS355 Ecureuil 2 is a twin-engine variant, marketed in North America as the TwinStar. The Eurocopter EC130 is considered by the manufacturer to be part of the Écureuil single-engine family.
The Augusta Westland AW139 is a conventional twin-engine multi-role helicopter. It has a five-bladed fully articulated main rotor with a titanium hub and composite blades and a four-bladed articulated tail rotor. It is fitted with retractable tricycle landing gear, the two aft wheels retracting into external sponsons which are also used to house emergency equipment. It is flown by a crew of two pilots, with up to 15 passengers accommodated in three rows of five.
Our simulators are fixed based. They are exact replicas of the actual cockpits with landscape visuals and feature the main controls and displays.
What to expect
- No previous experience is required to do a simulator experience. An instructor will guide you through the session and be available for additional support if required.
- Practice the basics of the take-off and landing procedures.
- Choose from ten destinations around the world.
- Try different times in the day and weather conditions.
- See and improve your landing score.
- Simulators are fixed based and not full motion.
- Simulators are replicas of the real cockpits.
- Fully functioning controls include yokes, cyclics, collectives, throttles, gear levers, flaps, radios.
- Interactive displays include the navigation, primary and engine monitors.
Read before you book
- Sessions are not per person and can be booked for up to 2 adults in your group.
- Sessions are not shared with other customers.
- Your surname is your Captain’s name and will be displayed on the Departures Board. You can request a custom Captain’s name in the checkout. This can’t change on the day.
- The simulators’ area is semi-private and sessions may be visible to other customers.
- The minimum age to fly is 9. Younger children can sit at the back as passengers. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Sessions include one or two entrance tickets to the exhibition. If more people are in your group they need additional entrance tickets.
- Sessions can be rescheduled within 3 months given a 48 hours’ notice. Payments are non-refundable.
Have a question?
You can check our Frequently Asked Questions to find our more about our simulators or your booking.
We highly recommend booking your Simulator Experience in advance, especially for weekends. Availability on the day cannot be guaranteed.
During your Simulator Experience you can select from 10 different airports around the world to take off and land your aircraft, as well as different weather conditions.
Simulators Private Hire
Are you a larger group or want to treat your friends or colleagues to an exclusive experience? You can hire all four simulators for an amazing group experience. Our private hire package also includes entrances to the exhibition and a landing competition!
If you have a Gift Voucher make sure to add your code before you book!